Winter Circle Productions and FREEWATER announced the artist lineup for the inaugural FREEWATER BLOCK PARTY taking place on Saturday, September 28, 2019.
Artists announced include rappers DaBaby, Rico Nasty, Shordie Shordie and Grip, plus dance music producers RL Grime, What So Not, Graves, and TVBOO. Local support includes Mhadi G, Kenneth Brother, Trigem (Spicy Bois), Stone Cold Jzzle, Lango and Nameless. The full line-up is below.
ABOUT FREEWATER BLOCK PARTY
The 2019 inaugural event features a strong blend of rap and electronic artists and continues with FREEWATER and WCP’s mutual mission to blend the hip-hop and dance music communities of New Orleans through shared experiences.
Organizers have unveiled the location and time of FREEWATER BLOCK PARTY will be from 4 pm – 12 am at Mardi Gras World in the Lower Garden District of New Orleans. The event will feature two stages (indoor and outdoor), art installations, food and beverage vendors, custom interactive experiences, big production, exclusive merchandise releases, various VIP offerings and summer block party vibes.
- Humidity New Orleans Skate Expo, featuring New Orleans skateboarding community members showcasing their skills.
- Sneaker Politics “Playhouse,” featuring fun, interactive inflatables, outdoor games and a celebrity dunk tank, with game proceeds benefiting the Upbeat Academy Foundation, a Louisiana 501(c)3 non-profit organization providing at-risk children with an opportunity to learn how to produce and perform the type of music they listen to and dream of creating with a focus on electronic dance music and hip-hop.
“We’ve worked with the visionaries at FREEWATER in various ways over the past few years to bridge the gap between the dance and rap scenes in New Orleans and are stoked to finally be going big with them,” said Dante DiPasquale, talent buyer for Winter Circle Productions, BASSIK and BUKU. “We’re excited to help turn their creative vision for the block party into reality.”
FREEWATER BLOCK PARTY ticket pre-sale begins on Wednesday, July 24 at 10 AM CT, with on-sale for general admission, VIP and “We Harder” 21+ VIP tickets on Friday, July 26 at 10 AM CT. You can register for presale now at www.FREEWATERblockparty.com to unlock early access to tickets.
- General Admission: Access to all GA areas of the event including the two stages, food and drink vendors, art installs, and block party vibes
- GA Pass PLUS: VIP-only premium viewing area, exclusive VIP-only entrance lane, early entry to venue, early access to merch, VIP-only restrooms
- 21+ “WE HARDER” VIP: All perks of a regular VIP Pass plus access to an open bar in a private 21+ section, commemorative laminate & lanyard
A FREEWATER Merch Pack upsell will also be available featuring custom designed socks, bandana, lighter and water bottle. When purchasing tickets, patrons should be mindful that this is a 16+ event. A portion of all event proceeds will benefit Upbeat Academy Foundation.
WIN YOUR WAY IN
Keep an eye out on NOLA Concerts Instagram page. I’ll be hooking one lucky follower up with a pair of tickets to attend the FREEWATER BLOCK PARTY before tickets even on sale to the public.